Skip to content
- Gain attention by sharing the assumption that learners want all of their students to achieve their learning objectives.
- Purpose is to teach inclusive design regarding PDFs.
- Some elements that will be taught are going to be beneficial for the learner’s user experience.
- Focus on completing the File Inclusive Design Evaluation rubric.
- Some PDFs are images and some of them have text that is copy/paste-able.
- Students use a lot of PDFs in their academics. They should have a good experience with them as a bad experience is likely to prevent them from consuming the content.
- Read about it and do it: text selectability, crop, rotation, tags, color, etc…
- Instructor of teaching inclusive PDFs will provide feedback about quality.
- Discussed a lot of things that learners were already familiar with.
- A lot of elements in PDFs are things that all users would want to to have: clean scans, good contrast, etc…
- Much that applies to PDFs also applies to good web design.
- While elements are common across all PDFs, each one provides unique challenges.
- Get feedback about if the rubric was helpful.